Sunday, April 5, 2009

All fast food tastes better in Russia


I can't remember the last time I had fast food at home in the US, but since getting here, I have dined at both McDonald's and Pizza Hut, even before getting Indian or pretty much any other cuisine. The fast food really does seem better here, though maybe that's just because I'm starved for some kind of variety in my diet of chicken and vegetable stir fry. But while the food may be better, it's certainly not good enough to justify what I witnessed this morning:

After a long night out, my friend decided that what we really needed before going back to the dorm was McZavtrak (Mc breakfast). The subway was still closed, and we really just couldn't wait much longer, so we ended up taking a bus from Nevsky that left us right on the doorstep of McDonald's. Except even the express window wasn't open yet — McZavtrak is served at the
outside express window from 6-10 am and we had arrived at 5:55. Those remaining 5 minutes seemed interminable, but the worst part was that we weren't even the first ones there. And as we took our places in line, MORE people arrived...early...for McDonald's. When the express window finally opened, the line comprised a grand total of ten people. Ten. Waiting for McDonald's to open at 6 am on a Sunday morning. Oh Russia, how I judge thee....

1 comment:

  1. You are leaving out the part about your orgasmic experience eating the двойной макмаффин...and those carrot sticks.

    ReplyDelete