Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's the little things...

When my mom visited two weeks ago, she brought, at our request: 3 jars of peanut butter, a roll of cookie dough, cookie dough mix and brownie mix of the highest quality (Russians have neither mixes nor all the ingredients required for brownies/chocolate chip cookies), and hot sauce. The roll of pre-made cookie dough was consumed in a matter of about 10 minutes on the train to Moscow, and the peanut butter is almost gone. But the mixes have been patiently waiting for me to find an opportunity to visit some friends of my mom and use their oven, as we don't have one.

Let me rephrase that. The mixes were waiting patiently until last Friday, when I decided I wanted cookie dough. I made it, ate some, and decided to save the rest for Sunday, when I could use a real oven. Then Sunday came along. Having finished my book earlier that morning, I pondered my options: a) study for my two finals on Tuesday, b) read War and Peace, or c) find some other way of entertaining myself. I chose (c).

And this is when I stumbled upon my brilliant plan: why wait until the evening to use a real oven when we had a stove sitting in our kitchen? As you can see from the pictures below, it worked swimmingly.



Eli and Lizzi, eat your hearts out...

No comments:

Post a Comment