Monday, June 1, 2009

Coincidence? Probably not.

Interestingly, my post from Monday about drinking at work was well-timed. Moments after posting, I was pulled away from my computer by the promise of champagne and food for...guess what! Another birthday. Does the birthday of everyone in this office fall on a Monday this year? It sure feels like it.

I had planned on only having one glass of champagne, but the woman next to me brought out a bottle of brandy and proceeded to pour me some. Then the toasts began. The birthday girl started telling a story about some garden in France, and the woman to my right interrupted her to toast "to gardens!"

Meanwhile, the woman on my left kept refilling my glass and hers. Cake came out and was served, the man across from me salted a tomato, and utter pandemonium ensued.

No comments:

Post a Comment