Monday, July 27, 2009

Macho, macho man...

aka Bryan "Bion" Billings....

A few weeks ago, my former program director, Bryan ran a marathon. He signed up the day before and was participant #281, which means there were about 278 more runners than I had expected, given that in all my time here I've only seen two people jogging distances greater than 100 m. Anyway, Bryan recruited several of us to help him out by providing Gatorade and juice at strategic points around the course, so I had the opportunity to take some pretty fantastic pictures.Getting excited for the big start!



Participants of all ages


And just in case runners were unable to discern for themselves what the long tables full of food were...

The best part was that we got weird looks for standing on the sidelines with bottles of Gatorade and juice, yet it was somehow normal for marathon runners to stop and eat black bread with salt. Wouldn't be my first choice for nourishment during a marathon, but what do I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment