Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Shoes...let's get some shoes!

After walking 12 miles to and from Peter and Paul Fortress and effectively ruining my final pair of non-sneakers walking shoes, I realized that it was, at long last, time to really invest in a pair of Sensible Shoes. I'd been putting this off for a while, because it seemed like a shame to spend so much on inevitably ugly shoes, but realized that failing to do so would significantly impede, well, everything (I walk a lot). If the pain in my feet hadn't convinced me, one look at my heel, which had turned into one big blister, would have done the trick.


So off I went. My roommate and I had found a mall that seemed to consist entirely of shoe stores, so this seemed like a good starting place. At the first store, I found some promising shoes but decided to use my free time to go to every single store in the mall in search of a better price. In the end, my enterprising capitalistic ways paid off: while it took almost two hours, I ultimately found the same shoes for 600 R less! Even better — when I looked the shoes up online, I discovered that I had saved $35!

No comments:

Post a Comment